Thursday, June 10, 2010

Footsteps above the attic door!?

At 9pm last night, in a panic Meagan ran out of her room into mind. She told me she heard footsteps above the attic door! I didn’t know what to think after this. I told her to say in my room with Owen. Then I closed the door behind me as I left the room. I went to the attic door that led to the roof. I also heard odd footsteps and creaking above the attic door. Next, I counted all the kids to make sure they were all in their beds, like they were supposed to be. When all four kids were accounted for, I went quickly to get Mike whom was working downstairs at the time.

I told him Meagan and I could hear footsteps above the attic door! He immediately went upstairs to investigate. He too could hear strange noises! But what was it? While I stood watch, he quickly went to get a large flashlight and ladder to climb up and inspect the inside of the attic.

Mike raddled the door, making sure if he opened it a raccoon or some kind of wild animal wouldn’t fall right on his face.

So I waited… and waited.

At the top of the ladder, he slowly lifted the old wooden door, while I held a large flash light, Mike looked around the room. He had his hand ready for attack. But he didn't see anything. He popped he head all the way up into the attic, inspecting everything.

Nothing moved about or was disturbed.

What had we heard for the last twenty minutes then? Maybe it was the ghost in our attic or was it just creaking sounds of an old house setting down for the night?
We now have two good sturdy locks on that door!We went to the brick and got Mike a computer chair with the credit we had there. Were both tired also! I can’t seem to wake up today. I think I will hit the hay early again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment